Robert Palma, Resume - Brief
- 36 years, Research and Development engineering.
- Hands on hardware and software design engineer.
- Extensive experience with analysis of Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMI) problems and design of Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) fixes,
from very low frequencies to 18 Ghz.
- 23 years, design and development of spacecraft and launch vehicle systems for 17 Earth orbiting satellites, 3 upper stages, 2 primary boosters
1 Shuttle attached payload and truck loads of ground support equipment.
Okay ... a rocket scientist.
- Development of Aircraft-to-Deck measurement instrument for U.S. Navy to alleviate problems of HERO (Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation
- Awarded NASA/Air Force Award for work as one of two principle design engineers for the re-write of military standard, MIL-STD-1512 (tailored for U.S. Space Shuttle program) that controls
the EMC design of all explosive devices on any Space Shuttle Flight - a joint NASA, Navy, Air Force effort.
Award is here.
- Design of many circuits and systems for: precision instrumentation, power control and conditioning, telemetry, automated test, microprocessor
control, thermal and optical sensing, radio frequency generators, amplifiers, receivers and transmitters. Design of explosion-proof instrumentation
and power control systems.
- Chief Engineer and Program Manager of the LACE satellite design and development at U.S Naval Research Laboratory, for the Strategic Defense Initiative (star wars). Commanded a team of 500 engineers and scientists. Program cost was $154 million. Mission was an outstanding success.
- Written 17 papers, many published in refereed journals. See full resume (link is below).
- BSEE University of Virginia and 16 other graduate and continuing education courses.
- Served as Chief Engineer, 50 kw FM broadcast station, WCCV-FM
- FCC licensed Commercial Radio Operator.
- Robert's Full Resume Click here.
- Watch Robert's LACE Spacecraft Video !
(7 minutes length) Click here.
Gregory Palma, Resume - Brief
- 31 years as Research and Development Technician.
- Technical Director: supervising and training assemblers for high tech electronic fabrication and extensive experience in planning, setting up and managing electronic and electro-mechanical manufacturing.
- Hands on hardware development for precision analog instrumentation, digital control circuits and systems.
- Extensive circuit board and mechanical system design.
- Developed more than 50 separate designs for military power supplies up to the kilowatt level.
- Produced numerous military RF cable assemblies, flexible and semi-rigid, for microwave systems.
- Lead development technician for multi-kilowatt high fidelity audio amps, custom, high end CD players, DVD players and Laser Disk players.
- Assembled and operates a microwave test laboratory.
- NASA qualified Solder-Assembler.
- BSCI MERU